The Fighting Buggy was originally exported as the Super Champ in 1982 across the globe. For a limited time only, it is back as a special re-release celebrating 36-plus years after it originally made its debut in hobby stores.
The re-release kit begins with a new name, which is the same as that used by the original Japanese release of the R/C model. While it features a variety of tweaks and upgrades, Tamiya’s designers made sure to retain the drivability, appearance and characteristics of the original.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
• The classic body of the original is reproduced in durable ABS resin with an aluminum roof panel with wing.
• Stickers retain many of the themes of the classic model while also adding some new motifs.
• Lightweight and durable 2.5mm thick FRP chassis plate.
• Original transverse damper rear suspension setup with progressive spring and separate oil reserve tank is again employed. Front suspension is double trailing arm type. Front/rear sus arms are die-cast.
• Employs durable die-cast sealed gear case with direct drive setup, which also houses the motor.
• Ribbed front and rear spike tires. They are fitted securely to 3-piece wheels.
• Type 540 motor included.
• Comes in nostalgic blister pack style packaging.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC, small 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya TS Paint.